Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19

Thread: Election Day

  1. #11
    Inactive Member TheSkulls's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 17th, 2007
    Posts
    270
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Election Day

    I saw this quote which I thought was pretty funny.

    "Remember, voting is just like driving a car," he said. "If you want to go forward, you pull it down in "?D' for Democrat; if you want to go backwards you put it in R for Republican."
    [img]http://www.mitchkuzma.com/images/Volquest/EricBerry/EricBerryHeisman300W.jpg[/img]

  2. #12
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Election Day

    Scott County has been in a tad bit of a mess today. The electronic ballots were down first thing this morning throughout the county. Had to go to paper ballots and each precinct was only given 25 to start the day. I had to wait 30 minutes before a cop brought more ballots. With as many closely watched races as they will be in the county, I have a feeling you may see some go to the courts, or have a lot of recounts.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  3. #13
    Inactive Member imported_Coach's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 13th, 2006
    Posts
    1,245
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Election Day

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TheSkulls</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I saw this quote which I thought was pretty funny.

    "Remember, voting is just like driving a car," he said. "If you want to go forward, you pull it down in "?D' for Democrat; if you want to go backwards you put it in R for Republican."
    </div></div>

    that may be true. the "D" forward with democrats has put this country and it's society in moral and social decay for the past 4 decades.
    [img]http://www.usersigs.com/site/./data/media/14/581140986869_2.png[/img]

  4. #14
    Inactive Member TheSkulls's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 17th, 2007
    Posts
    270
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Election Day

    There is plenty of blame to go around for that and it doesn't really start with Democrats or Republicans, that is an issue that goes a lot deeper than politics.
    [img]http://www.mitchkuzma.com/images/Volquest/EricBerry/EricBerryHeisman300W.jpg[/img]

  5. #15
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Election Day

    "that may be true. the "D" forward with democrats has put this country and it's society in moral and social decay for the past 4 decades. "
    _________________________
    Out of that 40 you will find 8 Reagan, 4 Bush and 8 more years for the JR idiot. That is an even split. I guess they are all alike , to a certain extent. No wait, What about that guy that got caught bugging headquarters and had to quit- which party was he from?
    I love to hear folks complain about morals and abortion and then sit back and watch them. The trashiest TV , foulest mouthed comedy and leftist rock-n-roll. Watch MTV all day and then talk about what happened.

  6. #16
    Inactive Member NotSoSilentBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,067
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Election Day

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GatorGirl</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just a reminder to everyone to get out and vote tomorrow.
    </div></div>

    I've never understood the whole 'Get Out The Vote' campaign. If people don't care enough to be informed, then why encourage them to vote?

    I voted a month ago...
    [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]

  7. #17
    Inactive Member NotSoSilentBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,067
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Election Day

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TheSkulls</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I saw this quote which I thought was pretty funny.

    "Remember, voting is just like driving a car," he said. "If you want to go forward, you pull it down in "?D' for Democrat; if you want to go backwards you put it in R for Republican."
    </div></div>

    icon rolleyes
    [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]

  8. #18
    Inactive Member TheBeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,351
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Election Day

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NotSoSilentBob</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GatorGirl</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just a reminder to everyone to get out and vote tomorrow.
    </div></div>

    I've never understood the whole 'Get Out The Vote' campaign. If people don't care enough to be informed, then why encourage them to vote?

    I voted a month ago... </div></div>

    That is their goal to get un-informed people to the poles to vote and get their vote since all they would know is ______ told me to get out here so I will vote for them, ever notice who pushes this the most and who their target DEMOgraphic is.
    [COLOR="Lime"][SIZE="6"][FONT="Century Gothic"]CREAG AN TUIRC[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
    [img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a183/mm38nut/thkfc.gif[/img]

  9. #19
    Inactive Member smarty's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 13th, 2003
    Posts
    1,264
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Election Day

    I can see your point, but just people do get out and vote doesn't mean they are informed either.

    I'm just glad Vanessa got elected yesterday.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •